Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wacoal Pink Ribbon Launch 2011 @ 1 Utama

My Support Against Breast Cancer with Wacoal

Last Saturday, I attended the launch of the 2011 Pink Ribbon Campaign with Wacoal Malaysia & Parkson Corporation to urges women to be aware of the signs of breast cancer  at 1 Utama Shopping Centre.

The Wacoal 2011 Pink Ribbon Campaign launching ceremony involved special appearances by two of Malaysia’s leading female artistes: Elaine Daly and Debbie Goh, to help spread knowledge on early detection of breast cancer.

Pink Mission by Elaine Daly & Debbie Goh

An appreciation & prize- giving ceremony to mark the successful launch of the Pink Ribbon Campaign 2011

Central message of the campaign : "Early Detection Is The Best Protection"

In conjunction of the event, a two-day exhibition was held at the same venue from 11.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. to generate maximum awareness on breast cancer. Apart from fun activities and exclusive Pink Ribbon giveaways, Wacoal’s experienced beauty consultants will be on hand to impart the knowledge on brassiere fitting. Female doctors from Assunta Hospital will also be present to provide personal consultations and breast screening on a complimentary basis.


Let's Pink Catwalk




Wacoal Support The Fight Against Breast Cancer

As early detection saves lives, breast self-examination was widely highlighted at the event and at all Wacoal counters (including those in Parkson’s). To further emphasize its importance, Wacoal was giving away 100 mammogram packages to its lady customers.

Personally, I am not ready for my mammogram. I am fear of screening facilities, pain, radiation and worry about finding something abnormal. But.. I know having a mammogram is something I need to do for myself so that I can continue to take care of those who depend on me. Well, it's good that I made an appointment for my mammogram since it is FREE!

Elaine Daly & Debbie Goh shared their knowledge on how to become breast self-aware

Pink Ribbon Campaign is an annual breast cancer awareness campaign during the month of October. Its aim is to tap public consciousness about breast cancer, fund raising, information dissemination and support for the afflicted. In order to encourage women as well as men to take part in this campaign, Wacoal had come out with an wonderful idea, whereby every registered visitor was given a stamp card and we have to visits all the booth to earn a stamp.

Pink Fun : Q & A Session To Help Beat Breast Cancer

Remamma : Your Choice After Mastectomy

You can find out more about Remamma Bra and Prosthesis form this booth. Wacoal’s unique services on prosthesis and special brassieres dedicated to assist post-operative women – will also be made available, making it one of the best Pink Ribbon initiatives of the year.

Pink Spread : Stand United Against Breast Cancer

Pink Fit : Know Your Size & Shape

Doctor Advice : Breast Examination

I registered myself for a complimentary breast examination and I was called into a room by a doctor from Assunta Hospital. The doctor ask me to loosen off everything from the waist up, then she start examines my breast. I was taught on how to perform a breast self-exam (BSE), which could be done monthly to protect myself against breast cancer. AHHhhhh! I feel an immediate release when doctor told me everything  was alright.

The best time to do a BSE if you still have periods is a few after your period ends. If your periods have stopped, just pick a regular day you can remember every month. 

Freebies : Wacoal Panties

Yahoo! Guess what?! Upon completion of all the stamps, I was rewarded with a Wacoal Penties voucher redeemable at Parkson 1 Utama during the 2-days event. That's so cute.

Today, breast cancer is the most common cancer among Malaysian women, but sadly, between 50 and 60 per cent isn't diagnosed until the late stages. Thus, having regular mammograms and yearly breast exams are the best way to find breast cancer early.  Let's make an appointment  for your mammograms today and make a different!



2 comments:

I like the last panties in the last pic, did you get that !! So cute ! Nice writeup :DDD Miss hanging out with you girls

woot woot! thanks for commenting & encouragement. yes.. i got that panties! so cute right?! hope to hanging out with you again!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More